It's been wonderful to start my year by personally meeting so many of you at the HEIA conference in Melbourne in January. It was very inspiring for me to meet so many teachers from all over the country and I'm really looking forward to paying many of you a visit this year.
If you would like to hold a workshop or a Professional Development training day at your school please send me an email to:email@example.com with an idea of which term, month or date you would like to run the workshop. I'm currently taking bookings until the end of this year and it would be ideal to spend a week or two in each state and visit several schools in the one area (which will save on travel costs).
Below are a recap of the objectives, content and costs:
The workshops aim to help students:
- Learn about how to make choices which support recycling and reducing waste in the environment.
- Contemplate what their 'Dream Job' might be.
- Express their creativity.
- Learn how to sew, and reconstruct garments.
- Produce items which could potentially lead into entrepreneurial enterprise.
- A full-day workshop is from 9am-3pm.
- Teachers will receive a resource package which includes pre and post workshop lesson ideas.
- The cost of this day $350 for ten students and $25 for each student after that (plus GST).
- Travel costs will be added if school is more than 30 minutes outside of Sydney CBD.
It is ideal if students are capable sewers but not essential. The essence of these workshops is creativity!
*There is a $50 discount for HEIA attendees who contact me before Friday April 14th, 2017.
Hope to hear from you soon!