I've been teaching in Tasmania this week and have been blown away by that talent and enthusiasm from both students and teachers. Many new resources have been shared with me and I've been filled with inspiration! I'm looking at clothing with fresh eyes and a widened perspective. It's been wonderful to have time to be creative and learn from others.
While I was in class, teaching today I was looking at a t-shirt and had a fabulous bolt of inspiration! "What would happen if I stitched the neck up, put your feet through the sleeves, and put elastic around the hem to wear as a waist band?"
The kids were excited... I was excited... less than an hour later the t-shirt had become a funky pair of dropped crotch shorts. T-shorts!
1. Turn the t-shirt inside out and lay flat.
2. Pin from the top side of one sleeve, across the neck and shoulders to the top side of the other sleeve, then stitch.
3. Create a loop of elastic (approximately 2.5cm wide) to fit around your waist.
4. Fold over the hem of the t-shirt (to create a casing for the elastic) and use a zipper foot to stitch in place.
* You can trim away any excess fabric around the former neck and shoulders to remove bulk from the crotch.
I think these shorts are really street and cool and now I'm on the look out for t-shirts which have interesting detail on them to create cool t-shorts!
If you make a pair of t-shorts I'd love to see them! Post them on our Facebook page and keep the Revamped Fashion community inspired :D